2023 Fox Hunt Schedule
1/14 – January 2023 LRA Fox Hunt
12/2 or 12/9 TBD depending on the Christmas party date
- Winner of the hunt will be the Fox for the following hunt
- We communicate on LRA 147.27 2m repeater. Hunters have to check in at the beginning of the hunt and inform the Fox if they are laving the hunt.
- The transmitter will remain enabled and hidden for the entire duration of the hunt.
- Winners are decided by the Fox. This will allow for scoring depending on miles driven, order of arrival or any other criteria defined by the Fox. The Fox will have to provide a list of people that started the hunt, list of ones that found the transmitter, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
- Team size. 1 Car up to 2 hunters.
- There are two general hunter classes:
- Equipped – team using any kind of automatic direction finding equipment such as a Doppler set or other SDR solutions like KrakenSDR.
- SOP – (Seat Of the Pants) – anything else. HT using your body as the shield, tape measure and multi-element yagis, loop antennas etc.